Become a Sponsor 

What is a sponsor under the Uniting for Ukraine program?
A sponsor is a person in the U.S. who volunteers to support one or more Ukrainian beneficiaries in the U.S. under the Uniting for Ukraine(U4U) program and submits the official USCIS online paperwork to qualify for this role. Sponsors may also act as the hosts until the Ukrainian is able to live independently.
Who can become a sponsor?
U.S. Citizen, National, or other legally entered individuals
What is the role of the sponsor?
Sponsors can decide for themselves the extent of support they are able or willing to provide. Support can range from only submitting the USCIS paperwork (Form I-134 Declaration of Financial Support) as a Paper Sponsor, to providing housing, transportation and helping with necessary paperwork, etc. Even though sponsors have no obligation to host a Ukrainian beneficiary in their home or to provide financial assistance for those refugees who can secure their own housing and do not require financial support, Form I-134 asks the sponsor to describe where their beneficiaries will be staying, and how they are going to assist them with necessary paperwork or whether they intend to make specific financial contributions. In cases where the sponsor can’t provide accommodation, New Chance Inc – Ukraine Relief Program can help to find hosts and connect sponsors with only those refugees who have confirmed housing arrangements.
What income level is required to become a sponsor?
Sponsors must meet 125% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines income level for their household size. For example, in Alaska the 125% income level for a family of 4 is $48,750.
Who Can I sponsor?
New Chance Inc has helped over 1,100 Ukrainians resettle in Alaska since the war began in 2022. Most of the newly arrived individuals have family and friends who are still in Ukraine and are looking for a sponsor to be reunited with them. This means we will introduce you to a Ukrainian in Alaska and you will sponsor their loved one. We call this “Paper Sponsor” meaning you complete the official paperwork and their loved one will welcome them here, you can be involved to the extent you are able to. 
Where is the paperwork?
You will need to create an account at and complete the FORM I-134a in your account.
Welcome to read more information on the official website.  
Ready to get started?
Complete our quick sponsorship form and we will be glad to connect you with a Ukrainian family who needs your support.